Snoring is one of the most annoying problems that people face at night. Of course it is not really about the snorer personally being bothered by the noise, but the snorer’s partner or family members who hear all the “music”.
For anyone who is looking for a stop snoring aids, the following paragraphs may provide some useful tips to bring peace to themselves and their family at night:
- First of all, you will need to go on the Internet or maybe to your local store and look for a stop snoring chin strap. They are generally available in pharmacies, but you will also find them in discount stores.
- Now, after you have purchased the anti-snoring chin strap make sure that when you go to bed you will position it securely around your face. This has the practical effect of keeping your mouth closed and your jaw in a slightly forward position when you fall asleep. This will cause the wearer to no longer breathe through the mouth, but actually breathe through the nose. Breathing through the mouth is actually one of the main causes of snoring. Another major cause is a collapsing soft palate that leads to the airways becomes constricted during sleep. Because the snoring chin strap holds the jaw in a slightly forward position it can increase the volume of air getting through the airways. This will be one of my snoring solutions to recommend.
- Make sure that you wear the stop snoring chin strap every night if you want to eliminate your snoring. It won’t work if you leave it in the box! If possible, it’s also recommended that you sleep on your side. People who sleep on their back are more prone to snoring than side sleepers. An anti-snoring pillow can be beneficial in encouraging a snorer to sleep on their side.
Snoring can be a serious problem for families worldwide and even if at first glance it sounds funny and reminds you of cartoons where old people snore and it’s amusing that others are being disturbed by it, in reality it can be a major issue.
In the United States there are millions of people who snore and the sad part is that even though they are aware of this problem, some won’t even bother doing anything about, as it doesn’t affect them. Yet leaving this problem unattended can lead to life-threatening consequences if the snoring is caused by obstructive sleep apnea.
Over time it may not only cause a couple to have many arguments, it can lead to separation and force partners to sleep in separate rooms.
Differences Between the Chin Straps and Mouthpieces
Comparing the solutions side-by-side is a good way to help you determine the best choice for you.
I’ve explained how the chin strap works, but let’s look at the mouthpieces a little closer.
I’ve written a more in-depth explanation on the two types of oral devices, which you can read here.
- The products either adjust your jaw forward, or hold your tongue in place to keep it from falling back into your throat. These two devices are commonly referred to as a MAD (Mandibular Advancement Device) or TSD (Tongue Stabilizing Device).
- The chin strap, on the other hand, exerts force up, closing the jaw, and then pushes the jaw back rather than forward.
- The quality of the straps sold in discount stores and pharmacies needs to be checked. The good news is that they are adjustable and this means is that one size will generally fit most people.
The tricky thing? Positioning the jaw back often doesn’t affect the root cause of the issue, and can sometimes cause more sleep problems. For users who have jaw problems, like TMJ, or any difficulty chewing or swallowing, the chin strap can potentially make those problems much worse. So if you have previously existing jaw issues, then you may want to look for another remedy to help you solve the problem.
Another difference between the chin belt and an oral device is that chin straps can be easily used if you have gum disease or dentures; whereas mouthpieces might not be an easy option in those cases.
Tips and Advice
Make sure that you wear the stop snoring chin strap when you go to bed every night and assess if it is on benefit. If it is going to work for you it will usually be effective immediately.
If your snoring continues you should consult your doctor as soon as possible as the snoring may be a symptom of a more serious underlying problem. get some advice from http://www.scnow.com/living/article_a3bbb818-dc0b-11e6-8bbf-7bd212527187.html
Last but not least, if you buy your stop snoring chin strap online from a reputable supplier it will come with a money-back guarantee, so if you find it is not an effective solution for your problem you’ll be able to return it.